At 10:59 PM -0700 6/6/02, Dave Storrs wrote:
>Page 8:
>
>The u1-u3 mods all say "level 1 support".  I assume this was a typo, and
>they should go (u1 => 'level 1', u2 => 'level 2', u3 => 'level 3').

Yeah. I'd avoid these if you can manage. There's not a whole lot of
reason to mandate Unicode in a lot of cases, and leaving it off means
things will work properly if your data comes in as non-Unicode. (That
and u0 and u1 will be essentially identical, or u0 will be rather odd
as everything's likely going to be either UTF16 or UTF32 internally
anyway)

I expect Larry and I will wrangle over mandating Unicode. I still
think it's unnecessarily restrictive to go Unicode-only. (Though the
thought of mandating sufficient modifiers to be able to treat data as
one of the other encodings is rather daunting, given the sheer number
of them)
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk