At 12:01 PM -0400 7/12/02, Melvin Smith wrote:
>At 11:13 AM 7/12/2002 -0400, Mike Litherland wrote:
>>Next is that garbage collection should probably be listed under
>>it's acronym GC.  Probably with a description of what it is and how
>>it works under Parrot.
>
>Did you check docs/ and docs/pdds first? There may already be something
>there. The glossary is probably a good idea anyway.

It's not in there. Looks from the website source that the glossary
page is build from docs/glossary.pod. I'll update it now with COW,
GC, DOD, and PMC.

>>PS Other website updates:
>>Aren't we on version 0.0.6 now?  It says 0.0.4 on the front page.
>>Also is the rsync
>
>Correct, I don't maintain the site, but I believe Robert has said he would
>accept patches. There is a cvs tree for it as well, I wish I could
>remember the
>patch.

I'll fix this, too.

>>  command on the front page correct?  Shouldn't we be using
>>anonymous CVS instead?
>
>Both may work, I haven't tried rsync.

I've heard reports of rsync not working. I don't use it, so I dunno
there. If someone's got the proper incantation, or follows the
directions and it doesn't work (when you're *sure* you know what
you're doing) I'll update it appropriately.

>>PPS
>>>And most of my experience with taxicabs is in Boston and Manhattan.
>>>I'm not sure I want an algorithm that drives on the sidewalks, runs
>>>red lights, and chases pedestrians....
>>
>>Ah, shades of "top ten things you'd overhear a Klingon programmer
>>saying".   "Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software
>>'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance
>>people in its wake."
>
>I've noticed Dan exhibits many Klingon-ish traits myself, hmmmmm ;)

Nah, sysadminnish traits. We're much crankier than Klingons. ;-P
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk