It seems to me that what I mostly do is wave my arms
about my head with a concern and then stay silent
whenever praise is required. Everyone - consider
yourselves praised :-)

On to the concern (which I am fairly confident someone
will obviate). I've never touched the Perl internals
(and P5P should be thankful of that) so I'm not sure
how much the parser changes. I worry that, since the
rules that the Perl 6 grammer uses to parse the
language are exposed to the users, that we could be
forced to have an ever growing Perl 6 grammer to keep
bakcwards compatability. If a reorganization of the
parser ever occured, the language level rules would
need to be maintained so that a) lexically scoped
grammer changes do not break and b) those rules which
are useful to all different kinds of parsing tasks
(such as parsing quoted constructs) are still there
for those programs which will inevitably use them.

How are we planning on dealing with this, or do the
implementers consider it a non issue? It seems to me
that we are forced to do it (meaning the parser) right
and cleanly the first time, which is a reasonable but
heavy burden.

-Erik

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com