It was settled a while ago that sub arguments would be defaulted like this:

  sub load_data ($version / /=1) {...}

(The space between / and / is on purpose, my emailer has problems if they
are together) I and a few others had issues with the slash-slash-equals
thing, but were unable to persuade Damian, Larry, et al to change.  I'd
like to make one more proposal for defaulting. Damian seems to like
properties for arguments, how 'bout this construct:

  sub load_data ( $version is default(1) ) {...}

It's clean, fits the existing syntax, and immediately understandable.
Thoughts?

-Miko

--
"If you reprise the songs, we'll reprise the jokes." - George S. Kaufman

http://mail2web.com/ .