Simon Cozens wrote:

Of course, scary 50K keyboards aren't really necessary. All we really need is
a keybord with configurable keys. That is, each key has an LED, or OLED,
or digital plastic surface, and an index key that allows you to select the
Unicode block to be currently mapped onto the keyboard.
Original Chinese typewriters used to work like this, I believe.
Interesting. There's obviously nothing new under the sun. :-)

It isn't a "let them build their own". It's a "supply a default but take
it out of the language core for simplicity and regularity". I suspect
that what I'm suggesting just comes down to an implementation detail,
but I'm asking for a "+" method on an object of class integer to be given
precisely the same status as a frob method on an object of class Foobar.
Then I suspect we're in violent agreement, because that's the plan, as I
understand it.

Great minds obviously think alike. That's what it *will* do.
Except it's:

	$a + $b

that's equivalent to the multimethod call:

	operator:+($a,$b)

So, in fact, totally different.
Well, yeah. But only at the syntactic level. Which, as Dan will tell you,
is completely irrelevant. ;-)

Damian