On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Dan Sugalski wrote:

> At 9:53 AM -0500 11/21/02, Jason Gloudon wrote:
> >On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 08:34:04AM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> >
> >My patch in 16237 has the code to flush register windows on v8 and
> >older and v9
> >(64-bit) SPARC systems, which is what one is really trying to achieve via
> >setjmp.
>
> If this hasn't been applied, could someone with a Sparc apply it
> locally to make sure it fixes the problem? If so, lets get it applied.

Alas, it doesn't appear to do the trick.  (Or it might have done something
but something else could still be amiss.)  I still get pretty much the
same core dump.

While compiling, I did get the warnings:

"cpu_dep.c", line 24: warning: initializer does not fit or is out of
range: 0x91d02003
"cpu_dep.c", line 26: warning: initializer does not fit or is out of
range: 0x81c3e008

Perhaps that's a problem?

Alas I'm out of time to do anything about this.  I wonder if perhaps the
main parrot Makefile should turn off -g and leave in the default
optimization that it picks up from perl5?  Then at least others could join
in the chase :-).

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]