"Michael Lazzaro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...] and a type that matches every
> context (except void).

Actually, it might be nice to have a void type. It might seem useless:
but then, so does /dev/null.

An example, from another language, is C++ templates. Its amazing
how often I find myself needing to create a template specialization
for the void type, because I cannot declare/assign-to void variables
in C++. Even if Perl won't have templates, we still tend to be
quite dynamic with the code (code generators, eval, etc.). The
ability to declare a variable of type-Void could be helpful to
avoid special casing it in the generators.

Dave.