Michael Lazzaro wrote:

I think we've covered everything about nums that we're able to for the moment. There are still issues with types/overflow/exception handling. Internals is talking about them; let's revisit the issue after they've figured out some of the preliminaries.

I'll attempt to assemble a full "Numerics" section from the docs we have, find any remaining holes, etc. I'll post next week for comments/revisions.

----

The next Big Deals are:

(1) String Interpolation. This was pretty well spelled out by A2, so there shouldn't be much to do except write it up, unless we want to make any additional requests. There's some issues that need to be finalized wrt Unicode, escaped chars, etc.

As far as this goes, here are a few known issues:

1.) How do references stringify?
2.) How do hashes stringify?
3.) How do objects stringify by default (i.e., without "" being overloaded)
4.) As far as I know, escaping is the same as perl5,
    and most of that is dealt with by parrot.

(2) The behavior of an explicit bool type, _if_ one exists, that stores "truth", not "value". Such that C<my bool $y = (0 but true)> stores true, not 0, and does so in "the most efficient way".

(3) Context. How to determine it, how to force it. Hypothesis: There is a one-to-one relationship between Type and Context, such that there is a context that matches every type, and a type that matches every context (except void).

(4) Typecasting. How int <--> num, num <--> str, str <--> bool, etc. Generic typecasting rules: how to define user classes that can typecast to/from str, int, bool, etc. This gets into Perl6 OO, but we may need to request some preliminary decisions before then, because the implications are substantial

I was really confused about this when writing the tests for it :)

Joseph F. Ryan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]