Jonathan Scott Duff:
# > Where we can see *at runtime* that $quux is too many
# arguments, we can
# > just append it to the end of bar()'s return value.  (This
# would only
# > happen when there were no parentheses.)
#
# Seems to me that you just gave a really good argument for
# requiring the parentheses.

I've always hated that methods are treated so differently from subs.  It
trips me up constantly, and I'd like to see it changed.  Such a thing
can be done.  The cop-out may be easier--but is it the *right* way to do
this language?  If we wanted an easy language to implement, we would
have stuck with something that looks and feels like C.  Perl is designed
to make the *programmer*'s life easier, not the implementer's.

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

"If you want to propagate an outrageously evil idea, your conclusion
must be brazenly clear, but your proof unintelligible."
    --Ayn Rand, explaining how today's philosophies came to be