Simon Cozens wrote:

*Why* do methods need their parens?
Because calls to them are not resolved until run-time and because methods
can be overloaded by signature, so we can't tell at parse time what the
parameter list of the called method will be (i.e. where it will end),
so we can't determine how to parse the arguments...

I'm just talking about passing a block to a method. You think I'm
talking about a clever way of specifying a method's argument
signature. I'm not.
You underestimate your ability to communicate, Simon. I understood
exactly what you wanted: pass a closure to a method without needing
to wrap the closure in parens.

I was explaining why I think we ought to keep the parens. And that is
because, without them, we can't tell how many arguments to pass to
the method. And because the default ("pass all of 'em") isn't a good
enough answer.

Damian