* Damian Conway ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [12 Dec 2002 10:32]:

[...]
> You underestimate your ability to communicate, Simon. I understood
> exactly what you wanted: pass a closure to a method without needing to
> wrap the closure in parens.

Simon appears to want to have closures as params just like Ruby.

As in:

array.each { |x| puts x }

rather than

@array.each({ print "$_[0]\n" })

(or however the syntax would currently be)

> I was explaining why I think we ought to keep the parens. And that is
> because, without them, we can't tell how many arguments to pass to the
> method. And because the default ("pass all of 'em") isn't a good
> enough answer.

So why does Ruby have so little trouble with it?

cheers,
--
Iain.