Ok, in the case of python or ruby, instance variables are not fixed and they
are not declared as part of the class. I suppose this can be handled by
giving such classes one hash attribute for storing these instance variables.

> You're off. It'll be something like:
>
>     callmethod Px, "method_name"
>
> or
>
>     jmpmethod Px, "method_name"

Is there going to be any way to (in PASM) find a method with out invoking
it? I am not sure, but it may be useful for currying and some efficiency
stuff (like moving dispatch outside of a loop that repeatedly invokes a
method).

> >Do we store ptrs to parent classes in one of these slots? Also
> Can I access
> >slots like:
> >
> >   set Px, Py[1]    # store the name to offset hash in Px
>
> No the parent's gotten to via the vtable, and yes you can.

Sorry if this is obvious, but which vtable method is used to get the
parents?

Thanks!
--
Jonathan Sillito