At 3:10 PM +0000 1/15/03, Peter Haworth wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:00:59 -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
 At 8:53 PM -0800 1/14/03, Adriano wrote:
 >I think what Jonathan asked for was an operator for returning a method
 >(as an object) which can be invoked later with some arguments (or even
 >applied with a partial list of arguments for currying). This would be a
 >lot more useful than a yes-or-no answer about the existence of a method.

 I thought about this--it's what the find_method vtable method was for in
 the first place. Unfortunately, as was pointed out to me, there's no good
 way to cache the result, since it could potentially be wrong by the time
 the method is actually called.
Is that such a big deal? The same problem exists in perl 5 with the
following code:
Right, but the example is showing a programmer's error. The folks using parrot have to make their own subtle mistakes--we can't make the mistakes on their behalf.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk