At 8:27 PM +0000 1/14/03, Leopold Toetsch (via RT) wrote:
# New Ticket Created by  Leopold Toetsch
# Please include the string:  [perl #20315]

Attached is a first try towards eval.

- interpreter has a new data member Parrot_compreg_hash
- parrot registers the PASM1 type i.e. what PDB_eval can parse
- the new B<compile> opcode (ab)uses nci to build a function for calling
PDB_eval
- nci is extended (jit/i386 only), to understand an 'I' param as interpreter
- the string is evaled immediately, we don't have multiple byte code
segments yet

No registers, which nci uses, are preserved, no error checking and so
on, but works ;-)
Yow, Cool! We *have* to get IMCC built into parrot now.

Some questions arise here:
- Should the B<compreg> opcode also have a form with a label to build
PASM compilers, ook?
I think you've confused me here. (No, I'm wrong--you've definitely confused me here) More explanation?

- is using the NCI interface ok for evals purpose?
Sure. We can rejig it later if we need to, but I expect most compilers will involve a trip into C code, so that's fine.

- how should a byte code segment (PMC) look like?
Ah, the big question. I'm not quite sure yet--let's try and work that out while I'm churning over objects.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk