On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 06:21:43PM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mr. Nobody) writes:
> > I have to wonder how many people actually like this syntax, and how
> > many only say they do because it's Damian Conway who proposed it.
> > And map/grep aren't "specialized syntax", you could do the same
> > thing with a sub with a prototype of (&block, *@list).
>
> Well, I'll go record and say I think it's Bloody Silly. It's
> over-cutesy, adding syntax for the sake of syntax, doesn't do anything
> for the readability of code, and doesn't really actually gain very
> much anyway.

It does something for me (at least the ~> version does). I find it
annoying that to generate a map + sort + grep pipeline, I have to
interrupt my L2R flow and construct it backwards. It mayn't be much,
but I'd be happier if I had the option to construct the pipeline in a
L2R manner.

> But even so I dare say it'll go in because Damian likes it.

Was this some of that stealth sarcasm, or do you really believe this?

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]