Dan Sugalski:
# Since it looks like it's time to extend the packfile format and the
# in-memory bytecode layout, this would be the time to start discussing
# metadata. What sorts of metadata do people think are useful to have
# in either the packfile (on disk) or in the bytecode (in memory).

I do think that, whatever "native" (i.e. understood by Parrot) metadata
we support, we *must* allow for extensibility, both for future native
metadata and for third-party tools.  Moreover, this must not be
implemented with a special type of metadata block, or by using
sequentially-increasing numbers.  (The first means that any metadata we
decide to add in the future will be slower than the metadata we add now;
the second has problems with several third-party tools picking the same
number.)

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

>How do you "test" this 'God' to "prove" it is who it says it is?
"If you're God, you know exactly what it would take to convince me. Do
that."
    --Marc Fleury on alt.atheism