At 6:29 PM -0800 3/2/03, Brent Dax wrote:
Dan Sugalski:
# Okay, here's another shot at the semantics for objects. If folks,
# especially non-perl folks, would look this over and chime in, I'd
# much appreciate it.
# Attributes are local to a class in an object's inheritance hierarchy.
# An object can have one "foo" attribute per class in its inheritance
# tree.
#
# Attributes are considered class-private, so a class will normally
# only see its own attributes. There will be a mechanism to see all the
# attributes for an object, though. Code outside a class won't see the
# attributes--they aren't exposed.

I honestly don't care much about such languages, but how is Parrot going
to support classless languages like JavaScript?  Are such languages
going to have to fake it with anonymous classes, or will we make sure
that you don't *really* need a class behind an object?

Fake it with anonymous classes. It ought to work out OK, I think. -- Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk