Benjamin Goldberg:
# Dan Sugalski wrote:
# [snip]
# > All of these--method lookup, property lookup, attribute
# lookup--may be
# > intercepted, and all may have a fallback method that's
# called if the
# > 'proper' lookup fails.
# >
# > I think this about covers it. If there's missing semantics, and I
# > expect I missed something, let's get it out and add it.
# Once we've got
# > it pretty much nailed I'll spec out the interface and we
# can start in
# > on the implementation.
#
# For the sake of completeness, I would like to ask, what are
# the semantics of multiple inheritance?
#
# Do we *only* natively offer a way of doing perl6 method
# dispatch
# Or, do we offer multiple ways to look methods up... one way
# for each language that we're compiling?

I would assume that method dispatch would be executed by the Object PMC,
which could easily be customized for a particular language (creating
e.g. PythonObject or RubyObject).  So while Parrot might only ship with
one (or a few) set of dispatch semantics, it would be a SMOP to add one
for your favorite language.  Objects would dispatch based on the
semantics of the language they were defined in, which to me seems to be
the right thing.

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

>How do you "test" this 'God' to "prove" it is who it says it is?
"If you're God, you know exactly what it would take to convince me. Do
that."
    --Marc Fleury on alt.atheism