Dan Sugalski wrote:
Okay, here's another shot at the semantics for objects. If folks, especially non-perl folks, would look this over and chime in, I'd much appreciate it.

The thing that I noticed was the lack of semantics for creation and destruction. Will there be well defined creation semantics, with separate steps for allocation of memory, binding to a class, and initialization of attributes? In what order are these done (inc multiple inheritance issues)? What is the state of the object if an exception is thrown before construction is complete; and how is it cleaned up? Even with GC, we must ask similar questions with respect to object destruction. Will there be finalizers; in what order are they called, and can they throw exceptions?

Dave.
--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://dave.whipp.name