On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 04:53:22PM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> Clinton A. Pierce wrote:
> >And it also seems to want (by reading the makefile) bison and flex,
>
> No, the generated files are in CVS. If there is a timestamp problem,
> just touch imcparser.* and imclexer.c. And of course there are
> flex/bisons for Win out there somewhere, if one wants actually change
> the .l/.y sources.

Could we bodge round this by adding a Configure.pl flag to suppress adding
the rules to use bison (or add in more rules to defeat any make default rules,
as I think perl5 does), and default this to suppress?

The 3 or 4 people on this list who do want to edit those files are on-the-ball
enough to remember to run Configure.pl in such a way to turn off the suppress.

I think that this would make life easier for everyone. (because it also saves
the 3 or 4 people on the list having to read tedious e-mail messages from
people about the subject)

Nicholas Clark