The suggestion was made last week that I try filtering the compiled BASIC stuff through IMCC for performance reasons and whatnot.

The suggestion was also made (by me!) that I could produce a "milestone" binary for Windows for distribution.

Well, my first attempt at all of the above didn't go well. I can't quite fathom how I'm supposed to build IMCC in a Win32 environment without mixing/matching cygwin and MSVC. Parrot builds fine and by-the-book (perl Configure.pl, nmake, nmake test, etc...) and runs against the Activestate Perl distribution just peachy.

IMCC seems to want headers that MSVC++ isn't happy with:

cl -nologo -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -I../../include -Feim
cparser.obj -c imcparser.c
imcparser.c
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\WinDef.h(159) : error
C2059: syntax error : 'constant'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\WinNT.h(257) : error C
2059: syntax error : 'constant'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\WinNT.h(262) : error C
2059: syntax error : 'constant'
[...hundreds of errors later...]

And it also seems to want (by reading the makefile) bison and flex, neither of which is available in the MSVC Win32 compilation environment. Should I mix and match at least those two components (flex/bison)? Has anyone built IMCC for Win32 before?