Abe Timmerman wrote:
T::S::S::Hardlink uses *all* of the source directory, so if you are using a working copy (under version control) the MANIFEST check will report all .svn stuff in the report. I'd use rsync on local directories (resulting in something like):

rsync -a --delete --exclude '.svn' working_dir/. .

This can be configured from 'configsmoke.pl' (Just make sure that the rsync source ends with a slash [or slash-dot].)

That's a better way to go then. However, I just tried it and configsmoke.pl doesn't quote the rsync options properly, so the --exclude option is ignored (and the .svn files copied anyway). I'll try and fix that and send you a patch.

I'm using the Nick Clark hardlink forest method, which may make it easier to deal with the conflicting smokes you mention below.

The problem with a single source-dir could be if your 5.9.0 smoke overlaps your 5.8.x smoke.

To start with, I was just going to serialize blead then 5.8.x so that won't be a problem.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group