On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:13:07PM +0100, Fergal Daly wrote:
> On Sunday 13 July 2003 15:53, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > The way I deal with this is to make a module that does all the heavy
> > lifting, give it an appropriate import sub, and then a test reduces to
> > something like:
> >
> >   use TestX ( opt1 => "x", opt2 => "y" )
> >
> > That covers everything except the perl switches, but although I've never
> > needed that functionality, I suppose it could be quite important.
>
> Do you make separate .t files for every test and combination of parameters?

Yes

> That's what I'm hoping to avoid,

But I look on it as a feature.  It means that my test interface is
standard and it is easy to run a single test or a subset of tests.  That
is not something I would give up lightly.

But I have nothing against improving the standard test interface.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net