On Monday, Aug 4, 2003, at 08:15 US/Pacific, Leon Brocard wrote:

alian sent the following bits through the ether:

But there is a serious problem with CPAN test database. There is like
100 000 reports in the CPAN db.

This is not a big problem. 100_000 reports is a very small database and I still don't know why the testers.cpan.org site is so slow. I got annoyed about it and wrote my own as it wasn't open source. It is much much faster.

http://search.cpan.org/author/LBROCARD/CPAN-WWW-Testers/
http://testers.astray.com/

The source for the site has been available to anyone who asked for it.
It is slow because it was written when testers first started and has never
really been updated.

If you want to redo the site then go ahead. It needs to be redone for performance
and also to allow users to filter out reports they dont want to see.

Graham.