Moin,

On Monday 13 October 2003 10:28, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
> * POD/Code ratio (what would be a good measurement?)

No. Some _very_ complex code takes little documentation like:

        =head2 sub delete_first_n_entries($N)

        Deletes the first N entries from the list.

That pretty much sums it up and any more documentation probably only confuses.
However, the method in question could easily be 10 pages long. (Look at the
code in Math::BigInt::Calc.pm, for instance. Basically, _mul() multiplies two
numbers - and it is _huge_.

There are other issues, like the doc in the pod is usually for the code and
the userland doc. However, in certain cases you also have userland doc (like:
"how to use the thing") and code doc (what does sub XYZ do?) seperated.
Should these be rn together? But the an included "XYZ guid for dummies" would
skew the numbers (It suggest much doc, but the code maybe not documented at
all) etc.

I donät think sensible results can be done by comparing pod to code size. It
is similiar silly like counting line numbers. ("does the fact that I
optimized 2 pages code away mean I wrote -128 lines of code this week?" :)

> Obviously, this list is far from complete, which is why I request some
> feedback on more hints for Kwalitee from all of you!

Unfortunately, it is had for me to come up with good, machine-implementable
rules..

Probably something like:

        *.pm file has more than 1000 lines of code => bad

:-)

Best wishes,

Tels

- --
 Signed on Mon Oct 13 19:40:43 2003 with key 0x93B84C15.

 "Call me Justin, Justin Case."