Forgive me if I am looking in the wrong place for some of this stuff. I
am quite new to this.

--- Michael Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm fine with that, I understand why - this is not a rant - but I do
> think that Parrot has a steep learning curve and that good
> documentation is essential if we want to lower it. The potential
> benefits seem obvious.

I had a read through the intro.pod and decided that I might be able to
write some tests but I am having a hell of a time trying to find out
what tests have been written and which ones have not. I have written a
few _simple_ tests and deliberately broken a few others and I would
like to contribute some but I have no idea what needs doing.

I have also been unable to find out if there is any sort of methodolgy
to the testing. I have had a look through ./parrot/t/* and found a lot
of test files but very little actual details on what each test was
testing. I could infer from the code what each test was trying to
achieve but some docs would be nice. If there are more docs can someone
point me at them (I have read most of ./parrot/docs/*.pod).

After all that I suppose I should volunteer for something. I have some
time on my hands at the moment and would like to get involved in some
fashion. Unfortunately I am not a C guru but I am quite happy to write
tests[0] in assembler or do documentation. In which areas do people
think documentation or tests are most needed, I would be happy to start
with the docs first until I am more comfortable with the code, ideas,
advice?

[0] As soon as I am comfortable with the assembler, most of the easier
tests seem to have been written.