On 19 Nov 2003 16:00:00 +0100, Juergen Boemmels
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Are there any people out there building parrot on MinGW?
>config/init/hints/mswin32.pl is far from complete.

I'm quite happy to be the first/only testing this

>Could you try out the attached patch.

Sorry, no can do this week. Winders just restored my registry (never
seen that before: a screen quite similar to the all-to-familiar
dos-style scandisk) and it won't boot no more with my latest reg
backup so I have to go with the, I dunno, 3 month old, copy.

So I'm going to delete all the compilers, parrot etc I've installed in
the meantime, and start again from scratch.

Plus I'm away the next four days.

Think I'll try mingw+indigostar this time (I was trying djgpp last go)
unless anyone wants to convince me otherwise.

Tuesday,
Pete

Bearing in mind I can no longer reproduce this:
>What does the file CFLAGS say?
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
# Generated by lib/Parrot/Configure/Step.pm from
config/gen/cflags/root.in
# [ filename | {regex} ] -{removed options} +{added options} s/// ...
#
# Avoid using non-configure controlled +{} directly in this file, as
# it'll most likely break on other platforms.
#
# Note, empty regex/options are just ignored.
#
spf_render.c -{-Wformat-nonliteral}   # noisy
tsq.c -{}                     # never optimize tsq.c!

# imcc file settings
{imcc} -{-Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual} s/-Wno-unused/-Wunused/
-{-Wformat-nonliteral}

>What make are you using?
>Could it be that it has problems with long commandlines?
as above, I'll reinstall next week & we'll go from there.