Arthur Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Am I right to assume that I always need to build a threaded perl if I
> want to link against parrot?

I don't think, that perl needs building with threads. But parrot needs
libpthread for platforms that have pthread.h and include thr_phread.h in
their platform header files. These are currently:

$ grep thr_pthread config/gen/platform/*.h
config/gen/platform/darwin.h:#  include "parrot/thr_pthread.h"
config/gen/platform/generic.h:#  include "parrot/thr_pthread.h"
config/gen/platform/openbsd.h:#  include "parrot/thr_pthread.h"

If that file isn't included, dummy defines in thread.h take over.
Of course a config option would be a nice to have.

> Arthur

leo