In my recently released File::Finder module, I have the basic
tests to ensure that the find options are grabbed correctly,
and that the core and/or/not/parens logic is clean, along with
the easy test to ensure that eval() works.

However, to test the file operations, like "files named moe", I have
to test a live file tree.  Or do I?

I was hoping to leverage off the tests for find2perl, because that's
exactly what I'd be testing as well.  Alas, none.  The tests for File::Find
are rather simple, because there it's more about the mechanism and
the odd cases (like symlinks) than about individual file properties.

Should my test come with a tar file that gets extracted?  Should I
build a small tree on the fly?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.