Op een winterige herfstdag (Thursday 18 December 2003 22:44), schreef Randal
L. Schwartz:

> Michael> If you're not planning on your tests modifying the test tree at
> all, Michael> you can probably just get away with having t/tree/... as a
> bunch of Michael> normal files and directorys in the tarball.  Don't ship a
> seperate Michael> tar file, that introduces unnecessary dependencies.
>
> oh.  duh.  Yeah, that makes great sense.  I can add local symlinks
> and hardlinks.

Oh yeah, that's just great! Exclude all them poor Win32 users!
Please stick to the advice Schwern gave and ship with a true directory tree
(or a script that creates one) for your testing!

>                 I'll compute ownership out-of-band and compare it
> to the test result though... I wouldn't want someone extracting
> this as joebloe to fail because the uid wasn't root. :)

what's 'root' ;-)

Good luck,

Abe
--
"Jarkko Hietaniemi" is actually the code name for a whole team of Finnish
super-programmers, capable of working continuously 25 hours a day without