At 11:05 AM 1/15/2004 +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Melvin Smith wrote:

Feel free to checkout branch imcc1final to test with.
The command should be:
cvs checkout -r imcc1final parrot

Could you be a bit more verbose about that. I've now checked out the branch

I would not checkout the branch into the current working directory, although it shouldn't hurt. All you have to do is switch your working branch back to the main parrot trunk. So far, my changes are only local to imcc/.

Also you don't have to check it out; you could do a diff between the
main and the branch and review the patch.

"imcc1final", which switched the whole tree to use that sticky tag. Into which branch should changes to non-imcc files go? And of course I don't understand,

Changes to non-imcc files should go into the main tree as usual. I'm just using the branch to move forward on imcc at my own pace and make the changes public while doing it.

As I understand branches, this is exactly what they are for.
It would probably help to get a document with cvs hints,
specifically about branches.

why you splitted the tree now, while bug-fixes for imcc1 aren't in.

You must have missed my commit. I committed a revision with the branch that fixes a couple of issues with prototyped subs, specifically a couple of local test cases that I was using that were failing.

-Melvin