At 11:05 AM +0100 1/15/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Melvin Smith wrote:

Feel free to checkout branch imcc1final to test with.

The command should be:

cvs checkout -r imcc1final parrot

Could you be a bit more verbose about that. I've now checked out the branch "imcc1final", which switched the whole tree to use that sticky tag. Into which branch should changes to non-imcc files go? And of course I don't understand, why you splitted the tree now, while bug-fixes for imcc1 aren't in.

I'm glad he has split things off--IMCC desperately needs gutting and replacing (the code was never meant to be production code (which I knew when I said bring it in :) and there's *far* too many big uncommented sections filled with single-character variable names), but I'd rather not break things as they currently stand. A branch is exactly what's called for in this circumstance, so there's remote version control and backup, and folks who're interested can see what's going on.

I think one of the things I'd like to do for the next release, in addition to user docs, is to get the code cleaned and commented. There are huge swaths of gibberish in there, and I'd rather that get fixed sooner than later. (While I don't like macros, #define'd constants are OK...)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk