At 01:08 PM 1/15/2004 -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
At 11:05 AM +0100 1/15/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Melvin Smith wrote:

Feel free to checkout branch imcc1final to test with.

Could you be a bit more verbose about that. I've now checked out the branch "imcc1final", which switched the whole tree to use that sticky tag. Into which branch should changes to non-imcc files go? And of course I don't understand, why you splitted the tree now, while bug-fixes for imcc1 aren't in.

I'm glad he has split things off--IMCC desperately needs gutting and replacing (the code was never meant to be production code (which I knew when I said bring it in :) and there's *far* too many big uncommented sections filled with single-character variable names), but I'd rather not break things as they currently stand. A branch is exactly what's called for in this circumstance, so there's remote version control and backup, and folks who're interested can see what's going on.

And as I said, this branch is not the major rework branch. Maybe I wasn't clear. imcc1final is for collection of all the final bug fixes _for_ imcc1 (that we know of) before we move on to major rework (imcc2).

The major rework will be _after_ I merge imcc1final back to the
tree. Then you can freeze it at will when you do the parrot 0.1 freeze.

So, no cause for alarm. :)

-Melvin