Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's my proposal:

> * Basics:

> Parrot uses nested hashes for namespaces (like perl does).

> * Relative roots:

> Namespace lookup starts from a 'root' namespace (think root directory).
> Here the P2 argument holds the root namespace to start the lookup from:

>   find_global P1, P2, ['global', 'namespace', 'hierarchy'], "thingname"

I like that except: *again* above syntax sucks.

   find_global P1, P2 ['global'; 'namespace'; 'hierarchy'; "thingname" ]

P2 can be a namespace PMC or the interpreter itself.

   find_global P3, P2 ['global'; 'namespace'; 'hierarchy' ]

returns another namespace, and ...

   find_global P1, P3 [ "thingname" ]

is the same, as the first.

The original syntax would need heavy modifications in the assembler, the
latter fits nicely.

> Tim.

leo