On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Ed Summers wrote:

> If you are testing from the cmd line
One of the prime problems of my customers is the fact that I don't give
them a nice GUI for the test tool where they can click.

> the nice thing about Perl's testing
> framework is that it would be feasible to write C# programs that write
> test results to STDOUT and STDERR, which are then consumed by Test::Harness.

Actually I think there are frameworks in C# to write such Test::More like
tests. But if there are not and someone writes a Test::More replacement
in some other language (C# in our case) then why not write a replacement
for Test::Harness as well in that language ?
What would perl give me in this case ?

> We do that where I currently work to use Perl to test PHP code...essentially
> we've just got a mini Test::More written in PHP.

I'd be glad if you could share it with the world if it is not ready for real
distribution then only with me.

Gabor