At 7:15 PM +0100 3/3/04, Jos Visser wrote:
On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 01:11:46PM -0500 it came to pass that Dan Sugalski wrote:
 At 6:46 PM +0100 3/3/04, Jos Visser wrote:
 >On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:37:09AM -0500 it came to pass that Dan
 >Sugalski wrote:
 >>
 >> FWIW, if we start getting into the "What should our base time for the
 >> epoch be" arguments, I'll warn you that the answer if I have to make
 >> one is probably Nov 17, 1858 at midnight, give or take a bad memory,
 >> and our time value'll be a 64-bit integer. So think carefully before
 >> you go there. :)
 >
 >Nahhh.... Epoch should be 1-1-1970 at 12:00am midnight,

Bzzzt! Wrong! :-P

If we go non-platform-private, we're going to use the Smithsonian base date.

And catch countless people unawares? :-)

That's what we have documentation for...

However, note that the base date is different on Windows and Unix (And MacOS, though not MacOS X, though we don't actually much care there) so someone's going to get the short end regardless of what we do.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk