Dan Sugalski wrote:
So, if I understand this right (and I may well not), when you instantiate a metaclass you get a class, and when you instantiate a class you get an object, and since anything you instantiate is an object anyway that means classes are objects. I'm not entirely sure if metaclasses are objects, but it seems to lack a certain amount of egregious symmetry if it doesn't.

Meta classes break the "every class has a super class"-chain by inheriting from themselves. A natural meta class is the word noun. It describes a class of words and it is an instance of that class.

bye
malte

--
http://tfu.kicks-ass.net/site/managed/html/homepage.html