Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 08:57:28AM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

>: I'd like to have, if possible a clear indication: that's a plain
>: function or method call and this is not. I think the possible speedup is
>: worth the effort.

> I have no problem with "plain" being the default.  I suppose you could
> declare it explicitly if you like:

>     sub foo () is plain {...}

> Then obviously the other kind would be:

>     sub bar () is peanut {...}

There is of course no need to declare the default, which will be very
likely beyond 99%. I won't discuss P6 syntax here, which could lead to

  sub bar() will reuse_P1 { ... }

Piers' statement was related to solving the halting problem, which isn't
really positive. I don't throw or catch pies, but CPS returns are
currently the major performance loss Parrto has.

> Larry

leo