On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:35, Juerd wrote:

> backticks encourage interpolation.

... and?

>From the point of view of a Web developer who deals with (potentially)
hostile data, I see the problem (though the solution is smarter
tainting, not removing functionality). From the point of view of a
general purpose programmer who might just want the result of `id
$user`... no, you're trying to apply the (important!) best practices of
one area of programming to the rest of the world.

The guy who does nothing but write genetic modeling systems is
scratching his head wondering why the heck you're so worried about
interpolation, and rightly so.

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith