At 12:40 AM -0700 5/5/04, Jeff Clites wrote:
On May 4, 2004, at 5:34 AM, Dan Sugalski wrote:

The right way to fix this is to have a file with the acceptable exportable symbols and a fix to the link stage to convince the linker that it should *only* export these symbols.

I have this working locally on Mac OS X--I expect it will be rather platform-specific.

Yeah, that's what I'm figuring. The symbols themselves should be cross-platform, modulo the odd prefix character, or so I hope. The linker magic is definitely going to be platform and linker specific--we may have to throw in a config/auto/linker.pl file to identify the linker, along with linker-specific config modules.

(Of course, this can only be done if libparrot is being built shared.) But FYI, these are the symbols which need to be exported in order for parrot (the executable) to link--wouldn't have expected some of them, which probably means that there's some stuff in imcc/main.c which should be pulled down into the library.

I see. Interesting. Some of this *definitely* needs cleaning up--we can't export the _yy* functions or we'll potentially give other lex/yacc based parsers fits, and I see a lot of the functions the PMC classes and opcode libraries will need are either not used or need prefixing.

Thanks for taking a whack at this.
--
                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk