Dan~

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:22:18 -0400, Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 12:04 PM -0400 8/9/04, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> >Since we're running into Ponie issues with this, which means we'll
> >run into Apache issues as well as any number of other systems....
> >
> >When Parrot's being embedded I can see the following functions
> >needing overriding by the embedder:
> >
> >*) Memory: malloc, realloc, calloc, free
> >*) Signals: handler register, Handler un-register, signal raise, alarm set
> >*) Files: Open, close, seek, tell, read, write. (Possibly asynchronously)
>
> And we want to add exiting to that list. Which presents some
> interesting issues we need to think about, since we probably need to
> throw an exit exception instead.

Would having a table of function pointers for these various functions
be an appropriate solution, or does that have issues that I am not
seeing?  We could then initialize them ourselves at startup (even
using different allocaters based on commandline switches) and then
provide routines to set these later (if someone wanted to do it that
way).

Matt
--
"Computer Science is merely the post-Turing Decline of Formal Systems Theory."
-???