At 6:34 AM +0800 8/10/04, Chia-liang Kao wrote:
While this is not the best list discussing which version control system
is better, I must say that I didn't mean svn is better though I setup the
mirror. And my purpose was actually to make it possible for svk to mirror
more efficiently.

Don't worry about it -- Subversion's long-standing occasionally sore topic, and I'm afraid you've inadvertently caught some history. :)

Having a working subversion mirror's a cool thing, and at some point I think we will move the main repository over to subversion from CVS, if for no other reason than to allow us to delete directories and rename files without hassle. As Andy's timing shows, though, we've still got some issues to deal with before we can reasonably do this.

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 03:56:46PM -0400, Andy Dougherty wrote:
 > 41 minutes? Subversion checkout takes 2m14s for me, as compared to CVS 1m.

Yes, 41 minutes, compared to 8 minutes for cvs.

--
                                Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk