Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

mAsterdam writes:

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
BTW, isn't the habit to post to c.l.p.announce a bit deprecated now ?

Not at all.  More people should do it.  Don't remove it.
Either that, or entertain a proposal to cancel the group.

mAsterdam> Which of these are still alive and kicking?

Not sure how that relates as a followup to my post.  Or was
it a non-sequitor?

? I was not proving anything.

Reading the thread I was reminded of the
unclarity of the status of perl newsgroups.

You advised Rafael Garcia-Suarez to either use a group (c.l.p.announce) or to entertain a proposal to cancel it.
Well, that is a good idea. Expanding on that:
A lot of the groups in the list served a purpose at some
time but are dead now.

It would be a good thing if somebody could do some
cancellation proposals to clean it up.
But wait - not so fast!
Which ones should be cancelled?
I cannot determine that. Maybe perl.qa can?