Aaron Sherman writes:
> Also, you pointed out that my example was hard to read, but you only
> pointed out the particularly complex example (where I WANTED to
> demonstrate all of the complex cases), not the simple one. The general
> case would probably look like:
>
>    H< Function | Returns >
>    T< foo      | nothing >
>    T< bar      | a number between 1 and 1000 >
>    T< baz      | your program as a string >

You said that your mailer screwed up in the other one.  I saw misalgined
columns and some weird stuff in there and so I immediately deemed it non
PODish.  Now that I look more carefully and that I see this table, your
proposal seems much more viable.

On the other hand, Larry had a good point.  Why couldn't we do:

=begin table
=end table

For some sufficiently simple ...?  Obviously this gives the formatter
control over how the table is formatted, which is arguably a bad thing
since it won't be implemented (POD tools are mostly lazy about that kind
of thing).

So I'm starting to like it.  I do think that it should be left aligned,
as it'll be verbatim text if it's indented.  We might want a =begin/=end
table around it anyway, to avoid making the formatters do too much
bookkeeping.

Luke