Luke Palmer wrote:

Aaron Sherman writes:

 <>  H< C<$_> | C<$x>          | Type of Match Implied | Matching Code      >
  T< Any   | CodeC<< <$> >> | scalar sub truth      | match if C<$x($_)> >

Oh, and BTW: My mailer seems to have snuck some extra noise in there. I think it got confused and thought there was inline quoting going on. That leading C<< <> >> should not be there. One of the things I was trying to demonstrate here was the fact that, even though, you could now have C, L (hey! imagine perl.com no longer having to hack perl.pod to make each manpage reference into a link!), or whatever other markup inside a table correctly, you could still visually line up the information so that when viewing the talble as plain text, it was still just as readable as

ever was. Woefully, my mailer thought that such clarity was a bad idea ;-)