Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 09:47:29AM +0200, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

>: Honestly I don't see the point why all "normal" array usage should be
>: slowed down just for the sake of some rare usage patterns.

> Does it have to?  Couldn't it have a different vtable?  (Which argues
> that such a shape ought to be considered an parameterization of the
> implementation type.  (Which argues that it should be "of shape"
> rather than "is shape"...).)

A different vtable implies some kind of a derived class. The question
is, if an "of shape" or "is shape" already causes a new class of
arrayish objects.
The question probably is: how much of this class code is done directly
by Parrot. But given that shapes can be fully dynamic too my gut feeling
is that some glue code will be in the Perl6 library.

> Larry

leo