At 11:21 AM -0600 9/8/04, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 09:56:12AM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
 On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 07:33:45AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
 : We're in the beginning stages of building a basic perl 6 grammar engine
 : (i.e., probably without p6 closures) that compiles to parrot and handles
 : basic optimizations.

I wonder whether, in the absence of closures, we'll have to have some
similar way to embed syntax-tree building code (PIR?) as actions in
the grammar.

We may indeed need this.

Or we could just get closures working... -- Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk