James Mastros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>    As a special case, if the "filename" argument to perl is a
>    directory, and the directory contains a file named "main.pl",
>    then the directory is prepended to @*INC, and main.pl is run.

I think it would be useful if the "directory" could also be an archive
in certain common and widely-supported formats (gzipped tarball and
PKWare ZIP being the most important ones to support IMO; probably
should go for bzip2ed tarball also and maybe disk images containing
ISO filesystems if a suitably unencumbered extant code library can be
found for reading them).

split//,"[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ --";$\=$ ;-> ();print$/