On Dec 9, 2004, at 9:50 AM, Steve Peters wrote:

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 09:34:18AM -0800, Kevin Scaldeferri wrote:
My unit test suite recently started spitting out this error when run
under Devel::Cover.  It runs normally and successfully without.  Has
anyone seen this before:

Magic number checking on storable file failed at ../../lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into ../../lib/auto/Storable/_retrieve.al) line 323, at /home/kevin/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux-64int/Devel/Cover/DB/ Structure.pm line 249 END failed--call queue aborted. ...

Generally, this means the files you are reading in were created with a different version of Storable. Have you upgraded recently? Are you testing with multiple versions of Storable (or Perl) and using the same cover_db directory?

I do not believe there is a new version. Moreover, each nightly run uses a unique cover_db directory, so there should not be any conflict with previous runs. Also, the first 20 or so test scripts run find and then this starts happening.

Hmm... if there were two versions of Storable installed, and Devel::Cover initially found one, and then later IPC::Shareable somehow caused the other to be loaded instead, that might cause this... I will go investigate that possibility.

Kevin