On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 09:28:30PM -0500, James E Keenan wrote:

> And here are the fruits of my application of IO::Capture:  a module with
> three subroutines which have proven useful in the project I'm working on
> for my day job.
>
> The full module is here:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/jkeen/perl/modules/misc/TestAuxiliary-0.01.tar.gz
>
> Here is the SYNOPSIS, which includes simple examples of each function:
>
>     use Test::More qw(no_plan);
>     use IO::Capture::Stdout;
>     use TestAuxiliary qw(
>         verify_number_lines
>         verify_number_matches
>         get_matches
>      );
>
>     $capture = IO::Capture::Stdout->new();
>     $capture->start();
>     print_greek();
>     $capture->stop();
>     is(verify_number_lines($capture), 4,
>         "number of screen lines printed is correct");

A question: is there any reason that you made this an OO module but
still show calls to the methods as functions rather than methods on the
object?

I.e. why C<verify_number_lines($capture)> rather than
C<$capture->verify_number_lines> ? This would also remove the need to
explicitly export those functions.

Just askin'. :-)

dha

--